By London Underground:
Kew Gardens Station (District Line – Richmond Branch and London Overground) is the closest London Underground station, and is in zone 3.
Kew Gardens Station is 500 metres from the Victoria Gate entrance to the Gardens. Exit the station past the parade of shops, cross Sandycombe Road at the zebra crossing and walk down Lichfield Road (opposite) to reach Victoria Gate.
If you are a wheelchair user or find stairs difficult, there is no direct accessible exit to Kew Gardens from the westbound platform. It is advisable to continue your journey to Richmond (one stop) and catch a tube or train back to Kew Gardens, where the eastbound platform leads out via a step free exit to the Kew village area. From here it is a distance of approximately 500 metres to the Victoria Gate entrance to the Gardens on Kew Road.
Train services (South West Trains) from Waterloo, via Vauxhall and Clapham Junction, stop at Kew Bridge Station. Kew Bridge Station is 800 metres from the Elizabeth Gate entrance to the Gardens via Kew Bridge. For more information call National Rail Enquiries: 03457 48 49 50.
The London Overground service from Stratford stops at Kew Gardens Station.
Richmond station is served by National Rail and there is a lift to street level and level access to the pavement from the station concourse. The bus stop for the local bus route which travels in the direction of Kew Gardens (65, in the direction of Ealing Broadway) is on the opposite side of the street from the station. The bus stops near Victoria Gate.
The 65 (between Ealing Broadway and Kingston via Richmond town centre) stops close to Victoria Gate. The 237 and 267 routes stop at Kew Bridge station from where you can either walk over Kew Bridge to Elizabeth Gate or catch the 65 or 391 bus services.
We strongly recommend that you travel via public transports as there will be no onsite parking at Kew Gardens as Kew’s Brentford Gate car park via Ferry Lane will not be accessible to the public. Off-site parking is available. For more details see the parking section of this website.
Kew Gardens’ postal address is Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 3AB. The Gardens are well signposted from all the major local roads. The South Circular (A205) passes the north-east corner of Kew Gardens and Kew Road (A307) forms the eastern border.
From the west
• take the M4 (exit Junction 2) or A4
• upon reaching the Chiswick roundabout, follow signs to Kew Gardens to join the A205 and cross the River Thames at Kew Bridge
• take the second right after the bridge along the side of Kew Green.
From north London
• follow the North Circular until you reach the Chiswick roundabout, then follow directions as above
From the south or west
• from the M3 continue on the A316
• upon reaching the Richmond roundabout, fork left on to Kew Road (A307)
• you will then see the Pagoda to your left and then the long brick wall on your left which is the boundary to the Gardens
• there is limited parking along the section of Kew Road between Victoria Gate and Lion Gate after 10am
• alternatively, to reach the drop-off point at Elizabeth Gate, continue along Kew Road and upon reaching Kew Green turn left and follow the signs
From the South Circular Road
• follow the South Circular Road past Kew Retail Park and under a railway bridge
• at the next traffic light junction, where the A307 joins from the left, go slowly through the junction and immediately turn left into Kew Green (NOT sharp left into the A307, as there is no left turn)
Kew the Music encourages all customers to travel via public transport to reduce the environmental impact of the event. If it is not possible to travel via public transport there is official car parking available. Please visit click the relevant links for further information for each show:
Bastille parking, please click here
The Vamps parking, please click here
Jack Savoretti, please click here
The Human League, please click here
Hacienda Classical, please click here
Jools Holland, please click here
Drop off/pick up area:
There is a designated pick-up/drop-off area at Kew Green, directly outside the Elizabeth Gate entrance (TW9 3AE). A one way system will be in place at Kew Green for the duration of Kew the Music.
Cycle racks are available at Victoria Gate and Elizabeth Gate. Please note owners leave bikes at their own risk.
By River Boat:
During the summer months Thames River Boats operate a river boat service from Westminster Pier to Kew – please see here for further details. Kew Pier is approximately 500 metres from the Elizabeth Gate entrance to Kew Gardens.
Kew Gardens is in close proximity to all the main London airports: Heathrow (11 miles), London City (26 miles), Luton (36 miles), Gatwick (45 miles) and Stanstead (65 miles). Trains run from all these airports to London where you can pick up a train to Kew Gardens station or Kew Bridge station.
Which gate should I use?
Customers can enter the site through either Victoria or Elizabeth Gate, whichever is most convenient. The walk from either entrance gate to the arena is approximately 500 metres. If you need to collect tickets, please enter via Victoria Gate as you will need to collect your tickets from the box office at this gate. Customers for the VIP packages will find it easiest to use Elizabeth Gate.